Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thinking "Colonials" in 2011

Lately I've been wanting to play some Colonials.

And I think that I want to play some "The Sword and the Flame" as opposed to the rules I wrote about ten years ago.

Why?

Well because TSATF is a very good set of rules. It has been the leading (as in most played) set of Colonial rules for over 30 years . . . and, as in the photo above, fights often come down to a very exciting finish.

Okay, that's fine . . . but I have a problem.

I last played Colonials in California. I had (and still have) the Imperial forces . . . but my friend Bill S. had (and still has) all of the Native forces. So we're now 1200 miles apart and in different countries.

That means I need to get (and paint) a lot of natives before I can do much . . . *sigh* . . . so I guess that that will be one of my projects this new year.

-- Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Reinforcements By Post does a very good job for my natives. Turn around time is also a happiness though Col. Pettygree disagrees.
    Respectfully,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can hold out. Perry Miniatures is set to release plastic ansar this year, lots of plastic ansar, Mwhoo haha haha.

    ReplyDelete