Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reason for Massive Delay

I know that it has been a year and a half since I've posted here . . . and I'm sorry for that.

For those who don't know, not long after the previous post, I started hemorrhaging and after a number of tests and procedures it was eventually determined that I had a cancer.   Radiation followed, then eight hours of surgery and 20 days in hospital followed by six months of chemotherapy (ending in February).

The latter left me with extreme fatigue and no stamina.  I am feeling much better now . . . but nowhere near what I was prior to over a year of being a complete invalid. 

On top of that, I had 17 teeth removed about a month ago and am waiting for cataract surgery for both eyes because my vision has deteriorated greatly. 

All-in-all it has been a rough year and a half . . . but as I wrote above, I am feeling much better.  Still it will be some time yet before I will be up to resuming this Colonial campaign . . . but I do intend to do so, hopefully later this year or early next year.

-- Jeff

8 comments:

  1. Jeff,

    My very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, and my further hopes that this year will be far more enjoyable than the last!

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and that thing of one of the other players in the campaign getting over his open heart surgery.

    Keep on the healing Jeff, the rest of us will be ready when you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, wow, you guys have really been through it. It's good to see you posting again here.

    Here's hoping that all your groups' collective problems going forward relate to wargaming issues, not health-related ones.
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Jeff, and a return to hobby fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for improved health after all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things are on the up for you Jeff and a swift return to your gaming mate.

    Frank
    http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been through a hellish time, Jeff, and I'm glad you've come out the other side. Best wishes for improving health and much better years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rajasthan Board 12th Model Paper 2021 has announced Government Board of School Education, RBSE Students who are going to sit in Public Examination 2021 are allowed to BSER 12th Model Paper 2021 Download Rajasthan Board 12th Sample Paper 2021 Download our web Portal, Participate in Plus One & Plus Two Examination every year more than laks of students.

    ReplyDelete